Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I fell in love tonight.....

....with a lens. And I will admit it's not the first time. When I got my Canon Zoom EF 70-200mm 1:2.8 L IS it was known as my 5th love with. My other 4 loves are people/family :)
But, the new love tonight is a very sweet macro. Here are a few images I took with the macro:

This is the 5th love

Just palying with depth of field (lens cap) - so cool!

My son is becoming difficult to photograph at age 9 growing up with a camera always on him. I was hoping/thinking the other way around that he should be use to it. Anyway's, more depth of field - eye in focus and hair out - very cool!

Tomorrow I'll take some prettier images with the macro. Just to excited to wait :)

7 comments:

Ellen said...

Awesome! I looooove macro. I need a macro lens though, for now my P&S is still better for macro. Sigh. Lol. These are great, I love the eye especially!

Danna said...

Oh congratulations!!! I just bought a macro a couple weeks ago and am so eager to get out and use it in nature...once the gross weather goes that is :-) can't wait to seee what you will do with it.

Jennifer said...

what lens did you get? awesome I know how I felt when I got a lens that I fell in love with! I love the DOF in the eye shot, great first pics with this lens!!

Tanya said...

Dont you feel bad for photographers kids, lol... Awesome eye shot!

Amy (3 Peas) said...

Congrats on the new lens! I just bought one too- but not as fancy as yours :) lol

aboutimage said...

whoops, guess I should have mentioned in my post the lens is not mine. It's borrowed. I borrowed it from another photographer to play with before I go and buy my own and have decided I really do want my own :) I've been having a lot of fun with the macro.

But, the one I'm borrowing is a Canon Macro lens EF 100mm 1:2.8

jennkinsler said...

Thank you for the reply on my blog. I have been wating this lens for awhile, but the list is endless, as I am sure you know. i love the images you captured, especially the eye, and the flower.
Jenn