Saturday, November 25, 2006

Digital Photography Book Launch


Today I had the pleasure of meeting Henry Christiansen and Robert Kwan at their 'Digital Photography Instruction" book launch in Belleville's Chapters.
I've seen Christiansen's work around as he has won photo competitions in our own area here. It was great talking to him and without getting into to many details he saved me about $4000 today. :) He is so full of knowledge and shared with me some great tips on photography, equipment and software. Oh, and he is a photographer instructor at Loyalist College in Bancroft.
'The goal of Digital Photography Instruction is to give the beginner and intermediate level photographers a simple and easy path to create better pictures'
In my own words...the book is very informative. I've taken a ton of classes on digital photographey over the last 8 years and I'm reading things in this book like very interesting effects and even tips that will speed up my work flow. Any pro is looking for workflow tips...I just know it!!!
To any beginner in photography--this is a great book. I would definitely recommend it to anyone. To all you pros like me that still take an interest in knowledge because you know you can never learn enough--great for new ideas and even things we might have missed before.
Here is there webiste for more info: www.dpinstruct.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great meeting! :) Glad you had fun.

By the way....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I've seen Dr. Christiansen's work in Picton. His landscapes are beautiful!