Monday, June 18, 2007

Camera Down!

This is an example of the importance of having more then one camera body when photographing a wedding.

Not sure how but at my last wedding my 20D fell off a table and hit the floor while holding a $3000 lens, extended flash and of course my Fong Dong.
I was so hopeful that my Canon would not give out on my after hitting the floor but it's done for now. I'm having it looked at and kind of hoping it's fixable but you know, if not....... I think there is a 5D calling my name...."Jenna, buy me".
Anyway's, when I gear up for a wedding I have three camera bodies, five lenses, 4-5 Fong Dongs, 8 Canon batteries, plenty AA batteries, cards ranging from 1gig-4gigs, a GPS and plenty of camera toys between two bags. So when my 20D hit the floor it was no big deal as I knew I had two other cameras to rely on :)

Besides that.....I know I've been slacking on the blog. I have two weddings to share some baby pics and some engagements....and you know the usual little things. I'll get to it. First I have to put together an album :)
......back to my regular blogging very soon and thanks to everyone for always checking in

12 comments:

Rebekah said...

Oh no! I'd say that's a good excuse to get the 5D though, if there ever was one!
I just came back to say that I LOVE the music on your website!

aboutimage said...

Thanks Rebehah! It's been up for awhile. I actually need to change it soon :)

Anonymous said...

Good thing you are so prepared! :o) Bummer about the Canon though. Great excuse to get the 5D, so something good may come of this accident afterall. hehe.

Looking forward to more great views when you have the time...your work is always so fun to check out.

Christie said...

jenna, what a bummer! good thing you were prepared. if you have time, i'm curious what camera bodies and lenses you have?

can't wait to see if you answer the call of the 5d, lol.

great song! brings back memories, i never hear this song anymore.

Jennifer said...

Oh I feel for you I hate to hear of the fallin camera!! Hope it is fixable, at least you do have backups, I have two camera one main and one backup just in case! Yeah its always a good idea. You and I our bags sound so similar with equipment! Can't wait to see all your new pics and I always check in!!!

Amy said...

Yikes! That is a reality I know I will face one day, but hope not to! I need to save up for another camera body!!!

aboutimage said...

Christie, I emailed you my gear list :)

I took the 20D to the camera shop today and the guy that cleans my cameras and so on thinks he can fix it. I'll find out tomorrow.

Angie Penrose said...

To bad about your camera! Might be a blessing though if you get the 5D right? Hope it all turns out for you. Your newest wedding shots are amazing! Great job!

Tanya said...

Oh my gosh, thank god you are well prepared.It could of been a nightmare. I say go for the 5D so we can all drool over it...lol
I just got a 30D, and I'm so tickled...I can imagine th 5d can be orgasmic, rofl...
Hang in there with work...
Looking forward to seeing you on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenna, that SUCKS! I hope everything works out. Looking forward to the new shots coming.

sherry boles~ said...

I'm so sorry about your camera.
Hmmm....maybe you can get it fixed reasonably AND buy the 5D! :)

Tiffany said...

I have the 20D and just got the 5D a few months ago so I could have the 20D as my back up~ I LOVE IT!!!! I totally recommend it! You'll have to let me know if you get it, or got it since this blog is from last month. :)