Friday, December 14, 2007

Happy Birthday to my son!

Today I am the mother to a 10 year old!
Hard to think that in 8 years he might be out on his own. In 6 years he will be driving.
For now, he is snowboarding. This was his early birthday gift. We have probably went snowboarding about 6-8 times this year. We both have bruised knees but we do stay on the board as well. We are lucky to have a nice size hill in our back yard so it's easy to go out after school but we have been to several hills and will even travel out from some 10pm snowboarding, on the weekend of course.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You hardly look old enough to have a 10 year old! :-)

Happy Birthday to him!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday to your son! My oldest is 9, and I'm always catching myself thinking things like, "in a few years, you'll be a teenager!" or "in 10 more years I could be a grandma!!" Why do they have to grow up on us so fast??

Regardless..I hope it was a fun day snowboarding. It looks like a great days worth of memories. :D

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to him! :o)

I love this photo. We (hubby and I) love snowboarding too. It's great that you don't have to drive forever to get to a mountain and snow! hehe.

Amy (3 Peas) said...

You are the coolest mom EVER!!! :)

My kids are getting yard/play snowboards this year for Xmas- they can't WAIT till they are old enough to go "for real" :)

Angie Penrose said...

How cool are you guys?!! Love this photo. Happy birthday to him! Hope it was a happy one. :)

aboutimage said...

I just turned 28 and my son is now 10. Maybe I look younger because I bought my snowsuit in the jr section, lol. I wanted a pink one and I'm only 5'3" so I can still get away with buying youth sizes :)