Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's wedding booking season!

As most engagements happen over the holidays it brings the wedding vendors to booking season! From January-March I find the rush of brides coming in planning weddings mostly now for 2010 but still a few for 2009. This is why the bridal shows mostly run in January and in my area it's one weekend after another of bridal shows.

Here are some interesting wedding statistics:


The average wedding takes 250 hours to plan. That's like working for 6 weeks full time! (FUN)

The most popular month for weddings is August

The average wedding budget is $20,000

The average age for a first time bride is 26 and the first time age for the groom averages to be 28

The average wedding has 175 guests

The number of weddings in Canada has increased by 3% in the last 6yrs

Only 10% of couples getting married hire a professional photographer

The most popular time for engagements is during the holiday season

For the next week I'll share with you my favorite local wedding vendors. They are the best of the best in the area and it's just not my opinion. As a wedding photographer I still meet with the bride after the wedding where a lot of other vendors don't get the chance as the job is finished the day of the wedding. Since I am able to sit down with the bride and groom as they look through wedding images we talk about the wedding, what went well, what didn't work and of course what vendors they the loved or disliked. So with only positive feedback  I am 100% behind my favorite wedding vendors I'll share with you this week. 

No comments: