Friday, December 15, 2006

Lisa & Michael

Before I met Michael I was 28 years of age, had a great career started, and was living on my own. I was single. I had been single for quite a while,several years. I had been on a few dates, but nothing seemed to work out. I had eventually come to the conclusion that I would probably never marry or have children and that was ok, although it saddened me. One day a coworker of mine had mentioned she wanted to introduce me to a friend of hers that was going through divorce and has three kids. I wasn’t too sure if I wanted to meet this friend, he wasn’t my idea of a “Dream Man”, but it couldn’t have been further from the truth. I mentioned to my sister about going on a date with a divorcee and my hesitation. She laughed and told me to go on the date, “It’s not like you’re going to marry the guy”. She couldn’t have been more wrong. He is the most fantastic man I have ever met. I kept looking for his flaw but never found one. He was (and still is) confident, caring, intelligent and thoughtful. He loves his kids so much; just talking to him about them makes his face light up with joy. The day he proposed was one of the happiest days in my life. He truly makes me happy.

The reason I am applying to win the free wedding pictures is because I know Michael would love to give me the wedding of my dreams, however our current situation is not one that would allow us to do the wedding I was hoping for. Needless to say our wedding budget has been tight. Because of this, we have had to make many changes and sacrifices.

Both Michael and I have a large extended family. While we would love to invite them all, our budget does not allow us to do so. We have had to cut our guest list back to 60 people, which has made deciding whom to invite rather difficult. Also, to help with reducing our wedding costs, we rearranged our wedding from an evening event to a luncheon. With our families’ help we are making the invitations, centre pieces, my wedding dress, the flower girl’s dress and the wedding cake. Yes, these changes have
helped us to stay on track financially, but they alone cannot bring our budget down enough.

The advice I have received from close friends is that “your wedding day goes by so fast. Try to enjoy it because it’s over before you know it. A great photographer will help you preserve the memory.” I’m sure this day will pass me by quickly, but knowing I will have these pictures to look back on will make it last forever.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for me! I mean us…Lisa and Michael…but we all know it’s about me!!! The bride!

Anonymous said...

I want to vote for mom and dad, I mean Lisa and
Michael.

Zoie (the doggy):)

Anonymous said...

I would like to vote for Lisa and Micheal, as a bride to be myself every little bit helps especially a great photographer!

All the best!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

I am voting for Lisa and Michael. Best of luck to you both!

Anonymous said...

I would like to vote for Lisa and Michael
-Dad

Anonymous said...

Lisa & Dan!
Lisa & Dan!!
Lisa & Dan!!!
Lisa & Dan!!!!
Lisa & Dan!!!!!
Lisa & Dan!!!!!!

K, I've made my point. Now I better get back to work before the boss catches me goofing off :)

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I am making my vote for Lisa and Michael. I work with Lisa and she is truly a happy go lucky kind of person. You just never know what’s around the corner for the “one” you will fall in love with and sometimes it’s usually somebody you would least expect. Lisa, you better thank your sister for making you go on the first date….
Lucky for Lisa she has met the man of her dreams and the memories I agree are what it is all about as the Wedding day does flash by. Lisa and Michael’s new chapter starts next year and what better keep sake to have then pictures of their happy day to look back on and smile and remember…..

Anonymous said...

I would like to vote for Michael and Lisa.

Thanks,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

I would like to put my vote down for a beautiful couple Lisa and Michael

Anonymous said...

I would like to vote for Michael & Lisa, they deserve some good fortune.

Anonymous said...

Loved the photos !!

I’d like to vote for Lisa & Michael please.

Thanks another Lisa!

Anonymous said...

This vote is for Lisa and Michael. All the best.
Lara

Anonymous said...

I vote for Lisa and Michael. It would be the best x-mas present for them and end 2006 on a high note.