Sunday, December 24, 2006

Wedding Photo Contest Guilt.....

In starting out in this wedding photo contest I thought it would be a great way to give to give to a truly deserving couple. Furthermore, I thought what better day to announce the winner then Christmas day because -- free wedding photography -- what a great gift, I was thinking. However, now I have this guilt weighing on me of disappointing the other couples who now maybe have their hopes up. I know I would. And, now I'm thinking that Christmas is a horrible ending date to this competition because it's Christmas that I disappoint 3 other couples. Since day two of the competition when the votes started coming in and I was receiving so many great email's from friends and family of the couples, my own friends, family and photo friends have been taking part in the competition and others as well that both the couples and I don't know but the voters come across my blog or check here often. A large number of votes came from the Trenton Air Base, overseas, other brides from a few bridal boards, co-workers, as well as other clubs. The comments I received from the voters as to who and even why they think the couple they voted for should win are truly touching. There are stories of how the voters relate or how the couples stories remind them their relatives situations.

I have counted up the number of votes for each couple. The total amount of votes I received by email is 710. I think this is such a huge response to our competition and the numbers are very close. The most amount of votes received for the couple with the most votes is 235.

I had no idea this competiton would turn into such mixed emotions for me. I'm going to sleep on what the the other three couples will receive who came in as runner's up.

I'll be back tomorrow with the results.

Merry Christmas

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooooooooo......? Who's the big winner?!! We're dying out here! ;)

aboutimage said...

LOL!

Yup, I've been taking my time today with this. I'll get to it. I'm still thikning.....

Anonymous said...

Yes we are dying to know too! It's killing us! Our Christmas day has been spent on the computer! EEEEEEEKKKK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Still Thinking???

aboutimage said...

I'm just starting to create the post now with the results. I'll be back soon with it.

I've just been chatting with my boyfriend about the results for the last three hour.

Anonymous said...

Yippppeeeeee!!!

I can't wait!

aboutimage said...

almost done....was still thinking :)