Monday, May 14, 2007

I did totally flop on my 12 of 12 on Saturday. But I did realize how wedding focused I am when I'm shooting a wedding. So, my mind was completely wedding focused that I didn't get my 12 of 12 done. From the moment I get up on the day of a wedding, I get myself ready, check my gear, feed myself, stop at Tim's for an Ice Cap, and I'm out the door for the day.

So, no 12 of 12 this month -- was taken over by a great wedding which I'll share after I work my way through the photos. I thought I could photo a wedding and my 12 of 12 on the same day but I'm really to wedding focused...not a bad thing I guess :)

But, today I'll share this assignment, and I got this idea from About & Out. Using my macro I opened up all the way, (f/2.8) stuck my lens in something and took the pic.

tulip petal

tulip stem

13 comments:

|| davidjay || said...

Love these shots! ...and the song that's playing!

:)

aboutimage said...

:)))

Awwww, DJ just posted on my blog :)) Huge smiles here!

Jennifer said...

Those are beautiful closeups, very nice Jenna!

Gerri Photography said...

OMG! DJ was here!!!! Soooo exciting!!!!

PS. The pics are nice too! lol! ;)

Ellen said...

Coool photos! And I sort of slacked off on the 12 of 12 too, so I'll forgive you. Love the macro shots! And love the first comment! :)

aboutimage said...

Thanks everyone :)

Ellen, your 12 of 12 was great. I'm feeling like a slacker now that I know some people were looking forward to it.

sherry boles~ said...

Fantastic images! The first one is absolutely GORGEOUS!!

Christie said...

love these, so abstract and soothing.

Anonymous said...

Nice work Jenna. Undeniable talent paired with a big heart and a sharp eye. Seems to be the winning combo. Dan.

Stephanie said...

Wow!! These close-ups you do..I love them! :D

Rebekah said...

I love the abstraction and the colours! You should make a collage with these or print them together... they are so cool!

willowonthewater.com said...

I really like these. I wish I had your talent for the abstract...

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh.. I totally have a ton of similiar macro floral shots.. the first one totally reminds me of one I did with a yellow rose and red lines, these are all great really nice work