Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Birthday Cards for Shane



Help Shane, in the CHEO hospital (Ottawa) who is trying to break the world record for receiving the most cards. The record is 3 million. Schools from around the Ottawa area are mailing and Shannon Ruisendaal is trying to get Belleville involved. The cards can be either birthday or best wishes and can me handmade.

I have a lot of card making friends out there who I hope will join in helping Shane meet his goal. And I'm hoping the Picton Brownies will get involved as my sister is a team leader for them.

I have seen on another blog that his birthday is in May. After doing a search on this tory I fhave found it to be on a good number of blogs.

Here is a link to check out: http://www.1053kissfm.com/station_info/cartersandraboyle.jsp



And here is Shane's profile:

CHILD PROFILE
Name: Shane
Age: 7
Diagnosis: A.L.L. Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
Likes: all sports, building things, video games
Dislikes: being in the hospital for long periods of time
Favorite thing in the whole world: Lego
At almost 5 years old Shane was diagnosed with A.L.L. After 1 month into the treatment he was in early remission, meaning there were no cancer cells in his blood. Shane's family was very pleased with the early results, but his protocol called for 130 weeks of treatment. Then on July 6th, 2006 Shane relapsed after completing 108 of the 130 weeks. It was a shock to everyone including his doctors. Shane may have to undergo a bone marrow transplant down the road, but the good thing is that his brother Jacob is a match. Presently, there is no sign of cancer in Shane's system since relapsing.

If you want to find out more information:
Contact the KISS FM Morning Show!

Carter Brown: carter@1053kissfm.com

Sandra Plagakis: sandra@1053kissfm.com

Andrew Boyle: theboyle@1053kissfm.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count us in!

When do they have to be in?

I will get everyone else I know
involved as well and email the guides leader tonight and get them
involved.

Anonymous said...

hey there jenna, its heather and i will send this to all my contacts as this is very close to me. mydads birthday is may 8 and my aunt died with acute luekemia 6 weeks after married she was 19. heather

Anonymous said...

Hello Jenna, Deb here, friend of your mom. Count me in too hon, will get more people in my area involved. Luvya for this hon. Debxoxoxoxo

aboutimage said...

Thanks everyone!

I was talking to a teacher at my sons school and she said the record to beat is 33 million not 3 million.

I've emailed the radio station to ask how many cards it is Shane needs.

I'll let you know when I know.

We are sending him a card from each family member we have and as well as from both our dogs. We love our dogs.